DJ Terms & Conditions
1. - Booking details
1.1 - The Client shall ensure that all details given of the venue are correct and if The DJ inspects the venue & finds any differences The DJ will report to the client to resolve this matter.
1.2 - There will be adequate set up time available usually 60 minutes before the start time of the event and 90 minutes after the event to break the set down. The Client should indicate what access is available, stairs, lifts, Car parking etc. If the dj cannot start on time due to proceedings being over run or poor acces to the venue this will not warrant any extra playtime.
1.3 - The Client and The DJ both confirm that there is no third party interest on the booking and no previous bookings of these dates for this event.
1.4 - Paying a booking fee for your event or function is a 100% binding guarantee of contract. Any non-payment could allow us to change our work schedule without prior notice.
2. – Payments
2.1 - Paying By Cheque Youth Clubs & Schools Only, If you would like to pay by cheque please make it payable to "DJ Kube" and write your surname and the date of your event on the back.
2.2 - Paying By Bank Transfer If you use Internet Banking you can make a payment straight into our bank account via BACs. If paying by this method please ensure you include your surname and the date of your event as a reference.
2.3 - Non-payment of any fees owed within 60 days before the date of the event will result in cancellation.
3. – Cancellations
3.1 - The DJ will be holding your date exclusively for you and will turn away all other work. The potential loss of work in the event of a cancellation is real and tangible therefore The DJ will charge a cancellation fee. Cancellations must be made in writing or by e-mail. No telephone cancellations can be accepted.
3.2 - If The Client cancels within 100 days prior to the event the cancellation fee is 100% of the balance outstanding, If The Client cancels 200 days prior to the event the cancellation fee is 50% of the balance outstanding. but cancellation before then the only penalty will be the loss of the pre-paid booking fee & any additional payments made to date.
3.3 - The DJ will try to fulfil its obligations in the events of unforeseen circumstances by any other means should this be necessary.
3.4 - If A Booking has to be postponed, We will treat this as a new booking with a new deposit required, Any Addiotinal payments made to date will be lost & a new package created. Please think carefully before you postone your event as it could end up costly.
4. – Conduct
4.1 - It is the Client's responsibility to ensure that all guests conduct themselves in a proper manner at all times. The Client must be responsible for all guests and their actions.
4.2 - The Client will provide adequate supervision of its guests, including children, at the venue, and will be liable for any loss of or damage to the The DJ's equipment or personnel belongings, caused by guests attending the function.
4.3 - No violent, aggressive or abusive behaviour from anyone under any circumstances will be tolerated, and The DJ reserves the right to terminate the disco at any time if any personal safety is under threat. The DJ does not take responsibility for ejecting any unwanted persons from any venue. The Client will be advised of any problems arising in this respect with any guests.
4.4 - In the event of a minors function there must be the legal ratio of responsible persons to minors.
4.5 - The DJ will act in a fully responsible attitude at all times, during his attendance to the venue, it will set up and run as requested by The Client unless the legal requirement is different which will be pointed out and stated.
4.6 - The DJ will be responsible for producing certificates of Public Liability Insurance (PLI) and Portable Appliance Testing (P.A.T).
5. - Security
5.1 - The Client will be responsible for the safety and security of any theft of items of The DJ.
5.2 - The DJ is not liable for any damage on the venue; any potential hazard must be pointed out by the client or the venue staff at the time of set-up.
5.3 - The Client is also responsible for any damage to The DJ's equipment caused by any person at the event. The Client will be charged for the full cost of any repairs required. The Client will be advised of any damage as soon as it is caused.
6. - Health and Safety
6.1 - The DJ will adhere to all rules and regulations of the HSE EAW Act 1989, to which The Client must also adhere to the above and adhere. Subject to failure to conform to the above act The DJ cannot take any further part of the event and the full amount of the event has to be paid.
6.2 - In the event of fire, flooding, public disturbance, terrorist activity or any other threat to the public, The DJ will not be responsible to help in any way or evacuate any venue or building where he is present and / or working within, unless the fire regulations for the venue specify otherwise. This would usually incur a vocal announcement.
7. - The Venue
7.1 - The Client will allow suitable time for the installation and dismantling, and removal of equipment (minimum of one hour). The Client also ensures that safe and adequate power is available. The DJ will ensure that any equipment that requires connection to a power source is electrically safe and conforms to the HSE EAW Act 1989, and any amendments thereafter.
7.2 - The Client must ensure that the entire venue has all relevant licences, and conforms to all the local bye-laws as The DJ cannot perform in a venue that has not got all required licences.
7.3 - The Client must ensure that there is adequate parking for The DJ on the night for off loading and loading of the equipment, in a safe and secure manner. Should there be items stolen during this procedure it is the responsibility of The Client.
7.4 - If the performance start time is delayed due to the inability of The DJ to gain access to the performance area, or any other delay beyond The DJ(s) reasonable control, The DJ will not be liable for any refund whatsoever.
7.5 - If you are booking other entertainment (e.g. Singer, comedian, band etc) as well as hiring ourselves, please consider & think about the amount of space available and where The Client is going to put the disco. Speaker location is usually best if it is no greater than 10 metres either side from the position of the presenter.
7.6 - The DJ also reserves the right to refuse to continue any event prior to the start should there not be sufficient floor space which would not allow the audio / lighting equipment to be assembled safely.
7.7 - The DJ reserves the right to substitute alternative entertainment should uncontrollable circumstances dictate the need to do so. The DJ will be responsible for producing certificates of Public Liability Insurance and P.A.T. Testing carried out on our equipment. We will not be responsible for any damage or loss to private or public property caused by invited guests or members of the public.
8. – Refreshments
8.1 - As The DJ works very unsociable hours we ask if non alcoholic drinks could be supplied. Please do not offer alcoholic drinks whilst our staff are on the venues premises.
8.2 -. All bookings should be taken on the understanding that the venue is in possession of the necessary entertainment & liquor licenses. The DJ is not responsible if the venue is found to be in breach of the terms of their license.
If you would like further clarification of what any of the above means or you are unsure of any of our terms please contact DJ Kube Event Specialist.
Starlit Dance Floor Terms and Conditions
1) I am aware that the surface, which the floor is to be laid, needs to be both flat and dry. An uneven floor
may result in the LED’s not working, as the panels cannot connect properly. Our staff will not lay the
dance floor on a wet surface, as this will damage the panels.
2) Dj Kube will not be held responsible if we cannot lay the dance floor due to the surface
being wet or uneven.
3) Liquid spillages on the dance floor can occasionally result in component failure, the Hirer is liable for any
4) The venue needs to have suitable access i.e. no stairs, steps so that we can wheel the dance floor
into your venue. Where the function room is upstairs a goods lift will be required.
5) We also need to be notified if there is gravel, ledges, lips that the flight cases needs to be pushed on / over.
6) If the access is poor (see points 4 & 5) then an extra charge may be made in order for extra staff to be
allocated to your event to carry the dance floor panels by hand into your function room.
7) Drinks must not be taken onto these dance floors. The voltage used is mains (240v), and the panels are
not fully waterproof. The hirer accepts full responsibility for any loss, damage or injury caused by liquid.
The hirer will be liable for the replacement cost of any damaged components.
8) Tables & chairs are not permitted on the floor at anytime, If tables and chairs are set where the floor is to go
then we cannot lay the floor until after the meal, This takes around 20 mins to complete & done while the entertainment
9) The Hire of our floor is until 1am in the North of Ireland & 2am in the South of Ireland, All Prices Quoted will reflect these timings. Our Floors will be dismanteld shortly after these times in preperation for their next hire, If the event over runs which prevents us from dismantling additional charges may apply.
Photo Booth / Selfie Mirror Terms And Conditions
1. The photo booth has the following dimensions 8.2ft by 8ft by 8ft an area of 8ft by 8ft is required for construction.
2. Hired equipment will be set up in one location agreed on arrival and once unloaded cannot be moved.
3. In the event of behaviour by guests that could affect the safe running of our equipment, damage to the photo booth, props or other equipment, or rudeness or threats to our staff we reserve the right to immediately cease use of the equipment and remove it from the event. In this instance the hire fee still remains payable in full.
4. The customer is responsible for any damage to the Booth, Que Styles Or Props by their guests.
5. If the attendant feels due to excess alcohol someone is unfit to use the booth we reserve the right to refuse them access to the booth.
6. You agree that all images taken in the photo booth can be uploaded to a web gallery public or private
7. We will delete any images deemed to be offensive, or could cause embarrassment to individuals and will remove any picture from our website if requested.
8. Please note the photo booth or Selfie Mirror will run on time which is stated in your booking confirmation. If your proceedings over run this will not warrant any extension of the photo booth. Additional hours can be purchased if required. idol time is charged at £15 per 30 mins
Dry Hire Terms
1. The Hirer shall be solely responsible for the Hired Goods not the reception / event venue / hotel or any other third party to whom shall take posession of the Hire Goods. The Hirer shall be alone responsible for insuring the Hired Goods are kept in good order from the time of receipt of delivery until back into the possession of the Hiree.
2. The Hirer will pay for any non-returns, damaged goods or breakages to the Hiree at full retail value.
3. All Dry Hire Equipment is on hire until 1am in the north of ireland & 2am in the south of Ireland. All Equipment will start to be dismantled once the venues main lights get switched on. If you do not want equipment being taken down while guests are still in the room then equipment needs to be hired for 24 hours.
Please be aware that all deposits are non-refundable no exceptions, If any additional payments are made or balance is paid in full & you cancel NO refund will be given as this date is held for you in good faith. If you have to postpone & we have the new date available then we will treat this as a new booking with a new deposit required & New Package created, All Money paid to date will be forefitted, If the date is not available no refunds will be given this includes deposits & any additional payments made. If The Client cancels within 100 days prior to the event the cancellation fee is 100% of the balance outstanding, If The Client cancels 200 days prior to the event the cancellation fee is 50% of the balance outstanding. Cancellation before 200 days of event the only penalty will be the loss of the pre-paid booking fee & any additional payments made to date.
If a Bulk Service is Booked and then some items are cancelled the full price still needs to be paid as these items have been held for you in good faith.
All Balances need to be paid no later than 60 days before event no exceptions.
By Booking our services & upon receiving your booking confirmation you abide by our terms of conditions.